Thursday, September 24, 2009

Harvest Time

I do not deny the irony of writing my last post about working through my procrastination with the help of my amazing life coach, Jenny Fenig, and then not writing for almost three months. I don't. In fact, I embrace it! It turns out, the lack of procrastination in all the other areas of my life have created a very busy schedule.


One massive closet renovation (pix and post forthcoming), some very satisfied new nutritional clients who are feeling less depression and more balance, and one less toxic friend later, I'm back to the blog.


The Autumnal Equinox just occurred on September 22nd. For those of you who are planetarily challenged, that means that the Sun is vertically above a point on the Equator and the length of day and night are roughly equal (with a few minutes to spare on one side or the other). Specifically, it is when summer turns to Fall. For the pagan-challenged, it represents the harvest. Reaping the fruits of the summer and giving thanks for them.



What is the bounty of the summer for you?


What did you learn about yourself?


How are you applying it?


I realized that I'm still holding myself back with clutter. With a newly functional closet I am wearing a lot more of my clothes and am no longer taunted by the stuff I felt I "should" be wearing. By setting strong boundaries between me and a "friend" I realized was very damaging to my emotional well-being, I feel happy and confident.


I also realized I'm not great at remembering [that] I do more than one thing. [I get fixated on a single agenda item and feel I need to complete it to be successful.] Not writing makes me crazy. You know I have always got something to say. Come on, now.
Now it's your turn. What is your harvest?
(photo by Jack Delano)

No comments: